fontify.me - How To -> Introduction
This is the online user guide and how to reference for developers on how to use and customize fontify.me to better serve their websites.
What is fontify.me?
www.fontify.me or just fontify is a free hosted web font service that gives you the ability as a web designer / developer to choose between more than 100 000 fonts for your websites / projects. All this done by adding one line of code to your project. You can find more details about that process by clicking the Installing the code section to the left of this page.
- fontify is secure, (HTTPS) enabled, that means that if your website also is HTTPS, nothing will break.
- We customize the returned code from our servers to match the browser your visitors are using, if your visitor uses Google Chrome as a browser, fontify will only serve the code needed by Chrome to show the font correctly, this will speed up the loading process and keeps your website snappy.
- Our fonts are cached on multiple servers, since we rely on CloudFlare for DNS and CDN services, our fonts are cached by their servers (Located around the world). This is specially great if your visitors are visiting your website from multiple countries or even cities.
- Our own servers are very well optimized to serve the font as quickly as possible, and we are constantly improving them.
- We are working on adding more options so you as a web designer / developer can use fontify as freely as possible, having an open API soon is one of our goals.
Getting started - Installing the code
- Getting started with fontify is easy, browse to the website (www.fontify.me) and choose a font you like to use on your website.
- Click the font you want to use and the details page with the code will open.
- Right click the code section, select the code and COPY it (CTRL+C on Windows or cmd+c on Mac). Now, switch back to your code editor, and open your websites page. You need to paste that code into the head section. Between <head> and </head> tags.
- PASTE the code somewhere between the <head> and </head>. Save the changes. (CTRL + V on Windows or CMD + V on Mac)
- That's it, you are all done. Now preview your website with the new web font, let us know if any issues arise.
Here is a screen shot from a demo page demonstrating the page before and after changing the font-face.
Click the image for a larger version
More advanced version of the guide with detailed code modification etc... is coming very soon
Copyright © 2017 by fontify.me. All Rights Reserved.